Baker Baker Ideas for School
Our 3 year old has Baker Baker day, of course as most preschools do. His name shows up and then I need to come up with a Baker Baker idea for school.
My two go to Baker Baker Ideas are cars or chocolate cupcakes(like everyone). This time round, he chose cars. So Cars I/we did.
I tried to search the origins of Baker Baker. I could not find anything. I remember being told many years ago that it was a time for Mom and child to spend quality time together. How hard is it to bake/cook with a child? And one boy is not interested at all and the other shows interest a bit. I believe they are waiting for the bowl to lick.
Some healthy Baker Baker Ideas for Schools:
- Popcorn (no sugar or butter)
- Fruit Kebabs
- Savoury Muffins (with carrot/apple/banana etc.)
Some other ideas for Baker Baker day:
- Popcorn drizzles with chocolate
- Marshmallows dipped in Icing/Chocolate
- I did add the sprinkles to your cupcake once – proved quite popular
- Chocolate Cake
- Wagon Wheels
- Strawberries dipped in Chocolate with sprinkles
Ingredients of our Cars:
- Boudoir Biscuits
- Fruit Jubes
- Jelly Tots
- Icing sugar with a few splashes of water mixed
- ** quantity dependant on how many cars you need for the class
- ** The icing sugar mix with water needs to be quite thick
- Mix icing sugar with a few drops of water
- Make the icing bag (see how here: https://www.foodandhome.co.za/how-to/how-to-make-a-piping-bag or I found it easier to dip the ingredients into the icing sugar mix
- Dip/Pipe icing sugar mix onto smarties and stick them to the sides of the boudoir biscuits
- Place them in the dish, the icing sugar dries quickly
- Dip Fruit Jubes into icing sugar mix and place onto op biscuit and three jelly tots behind it
- And you have a car
- I made them the day before and wrapped the dish tightly in plastic wrap
I found these quicker and easier than making cupcakes. Since I really like the Sweets on top, not too heathly for me but less washing up to do too.