Quick and Easy Muffin Recipe for Lunch Boxes
Yes I hear the groan. You need something nice for your darlings lunch box as you can’t give them sandwiches every day. Social media shows you these beautiful presented and packed lunch boxes and I always think, really? What a waste of food.
Some realistic ideas are:
- Sticks of cheese
- I always include a fruit
- Sliced cucumber, carrots or celery
- Savoury biscuits and hummus
- Check out my easy, healthy, homemade bread here
I use this Quick and Easy Muffin Recipe for the boys lunches, freeze them and then just pop them in the lunch box. They defrost on the way. You can even freeze them cut in half and then add butter/cheese/ham etc. in the morning.
This particular recipe I use to use to make tiny snack muffins when the boys where small for snacks during the day.
I made this yummy Quick and Easy Muffin Recipe the other day while making dinner.
My 3 year said ‘I don’t like that’ when I was mixing them, but his hand was the first to grab them sneakily when they were sitting on the counter cooling.
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 Cup grated Cheese
- 15ml Baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup Milk
- Salt and paprika
- Now this is how I make it different – add diced chorizo sausage, mixed herbs, sliced ham etc.
- Mix the dry ingredients – flour, cheese, baking powder and spices then add the extras (i.e. meat etc.)
- Mix the wet ingredients – milk and egg
- Add the milk/egg mixture to the flour, and stir
- Pour into greased baking tin
- Into oven 190c for about 15-20min. You know when they are ready by placing a toothpick into a muffin and it comes out clean.
- Let cool. And freeze.
Easy and not too time consuming. Majority of people have these ingredients at home. And it is easy to make while you are doing dinner. Maybe even the old children can make them while you are cooking dinner. Let me know how they turn out.